WordPress Training Course – WordPress In A Day
- Date of event: Friday May 17, 2013
- Cost: £175 + VAT
- Location: The Ascendancy Office - Shifnal, Shropshire
- Contact Name: Helen
- Telephone: 01952 462845
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our one day WordPress training course - WordPress in a Day - is a one day hands-on training course designed for people who want to learn to build their own website in WordPress in just one day!
- What is WordPress? The basics of how websites work and how WordPress can help.
- Fundamental concepts – what are themes, plugins and widgets?
- Setting up a WordPress site
- Publishing content to your website – how to add and amend content, adding links, images and more.
- Customising the look of your website – using themes and customising them to get the ‘look’ you want
- Adding new functions to your website by installing plugins
- Making your website ready for search engines – the importance of the title tag, using WordPress for SEO, tracking your results using Google Analytics
- Integrating social media into your site – pulling in Facebook & Twitter feeds, posting from WordPress to social media
- Keeping WordPress safe – upgrades, security, passwords and spam.
Learn from the professionals
We work with WordPress every day and have developed dozens of WordPress sites – including this one! Alex Culshaw, the Wordpress training course tutor, is Ascendancy’s Web Designer.
The course fee includes all course materials including a comprehensive training manual.
Download the Course Programme (PDF) for more details.
What people have said about ‘WordPress in a Day’:
“You’ve demystified WordPress for me and given me the confidence to make more of my website in a relaxed and informative way. Many thanks.” Kay Heald
“Thank you for your patience and help. You were great!” Ruth Lyon
“This course is brilliant – just what I needed to sort out my website. Very enjoyable and easy to follow. Explained really clearly.” Sue Christian