Liked our first ‘get to know the team’ blog?
Here’s the next one for you. Meet Arthur, he’s in charge of business development!
- Tea or coffee?
Tea – Irish descent means I have no choice, plus cake goes far better with tea!
- What is your favourite meal?
Full Irish cooked breakfast – better than the English version, as it has everything the latter has, plus white pudding and potato cakes.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be?
A brown bat – it sleeps 20-hours a day (something I have always aspired to).
- Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Cats – as, on average, they sleep 1-hour longer than dogs.
- Who would play you in a movie?
Dylan Moran – as that’s who I would like to be.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself?
I used to run for Wolverhampton & Bilston Athletics team – then I had a serious knee injury and sadly it all came to an end (or it might have been the love of food and beer).
- Any funny anecdotes you would like to share?
I once fell out of a high-speed train and survived – on reflection, it was very funny!
- Why do you like working for Ascendancy?
Working with a small, talented, team after years of working in the big corporate world, where sadly talent is lost in the noise of company politics.
- What is the favourite part of your job?
Watching the team & the business grow.
- Any secret talents?
I can drink Guinness at an alarming rate!
- What is your favourite thing about Shropshire?
It is a bit of a hidden secret – so we can have this beautiful, quiet county all to ourselves.